Many of you may have just updated to the new version of Java 7, update 51. And many of you may have discovered that since doing so, your VPN stopped working. No need to fear, we’ve got a fix for you that’s quick and painless. The steps below apply to both Mac and Windows computers.
- First, you’ll want to close any web browser that you have open. Either click the ‘X’ in Windows or use the ‘command’ + ‘q’ keys on a Mac.
- Now, you’ll want to open the Java control panel. On Windows, this can be found by going to the Start Menu, Settings, Control Panel. On a Mac, click on the System Preferences icon.
- Once the Java control panel is open, click on the Security tab.
- Click the ‘Edit Site List’ button.
- Click ‘Add’.
- Type in the location bar: https://gateway-saml.dartmouth.edu
- Click ‘OK’.
- Open your preferred web browser and access VPN.